About Resin Bound Paving
What Is Resin Bound
Resin Bound paving has grown considerably in recent years due to the more extreme weather we have been experiencing. This paving can last over 25 years when installed correctly by ourselves and maintained correctly.
Resin Bound is a surfacing solution that results from mixing resin and aggregates together in a forced action mixer. This creates a mixture that can be trowelled onto a surface to provide a smooth, flat finish.
A Resin Bound system is also known as ‘stone carpet’. Its seamless finish provides a decorative bound gravel surface that is attractive, durable, and practical.
Because of the way it is mixed, allowing for small gaps between aggregates, a Resin Bound system is permeable. This means it is also a SUDS compliant solution which means planning permission isn't required as long as a suitable porous subbase is used.
The Resin Bound system can be overlaid to existing or new concrete or tarmac to create beautiful resin driveways, pathways, car parks or any light traffic surfaces.
Advantages Of Resin Bound
With Resin bound there are many advantages.
- Non-slip finish
- Smooth finish with no loose stones
- Aesthetically pleasing with coming in a wide range of colours, transforming the outside of your property
- Resistant to weather conditions meaning that it will not soften in the summer, freeze in the winter or even fade in the sunlight
- Long lasting, durable surface
- Minimal maintenance with being resistant to weeds and needing power washed every now and again and brushed regularly
- Provides natural filtration and reduces or removes impurities and pollutants caused by oils and metals
- Reduces standing water or puddles, reducing surface water in the event of flooding
- Sustainable urban Drainage Systems compliant
- Reduces surface temperatures by allowing he soil underneath to breathe which is a typical issue with concrete
- No planning permission required
Vuba Resin Bound Paving
Here at Resin Bound NI, we use a leading manufacturer, Vuba Resin Bound for our paving supplies. They are an Award Winning product formulator, inventor and manufacturer - exporting worldwide from their Yorkshire factory. They formulate and manufacture all resin products on site and directly source washed and dried aggregates for use in resin bound systems.
It's always hard to chose what Resin Bound colour to chose for your driveway, patio or path. To help you chose, we bring 24 Cylindrical Resin Bound Samples to you on initial meetup (see image). We feel that it is always better to see the samples in person and be given all your options upon making your final decision.